The other day while enjoying the winter sun I thought why are we so hard on ourselves ? why is it that we don't believe we deserve happiness ? another question that came to mind mind was why on earth do we spend so much time looking for things that can go wrong ,things that have gone wrong and so forth . Now trust me when I say this I have my fair share of days like this , but , I really do try hard to snap out of it pretty quick and this is how I do it , I go through a mental list of everything that's going right in my life . My gratitude list . Now you might be thinking oh Megs you have no idea what i'm going through , you don't know that my bills are due and life's so tough but here is a tiny list that might just make you feel like you are one blessed person .
- you have 1 meal a day : whether it is peanut butter and jam or pasta , you are blessed there is many people who die of starvation who do not have that luxury .
- that awesome warm shower you took , where you shampoo'd your hair used your loofah and sang your favorite jams , there is someone out there having nurses give them a sponge bath because they don't have the strength to.
- you hate your job : can you imagine not having that income , not able to pay your rent , buy food etc.
Trust me when I say this , you are blessed ! I am blessed ! So when those bad days come knocking , sit back and go through your own personal list , it might not be the same as mine but there must be something you grateful for . This might seem like a heavy topic but it really isn't meant to be basically all I am saying is , be grateful , accept happiness and focus on the positive amazing parts of your life. What we think about and thank about we bring about (teachings of the secret).
This is my personal gratitude list today , I find new things to be grateful for everyday :
- I'm so grateful for my loved ones who are still around , I have lost so many people but I am so so so grateful for every day that I am blessed to have those who are still here around.
- Food , I come from a very tough childhood but I have to say I have never gone hungry in my life .
- I have internet , I get to connect with amazing people every single day , to work or to just have fun .
- The roof over my head , I get to snuggle up in a warm bed , take showers and baths , cook , watch series , so blessed.
- Things are working out for my friends and family , their happiness makes me happy .
- I am grateful for the new day , I get to do whatever I love and want to do and that is really cool .
- ..... I could go on all day .
So tell me whats one thing you are grateful for today?
~Image credit : World tour stories~